Welcome to St Michael's Catholic School, Palm Island
Where individuality shines
St Michael’s School is the only Catholic primary school serving the Palm Island community. We deliver an education experience based on the Australian curriculum, equivalent to that taught anywhere else in Australia. However, it also incorporates aspects of Indigenous Cultural Identity and traditions.
Our focus is on each child, encouraging every student to become compassionate, confident and capable of contributing to their community, culture and the life of the church. Our students are positive and curious individuals, and we see it as our role to help them achieve their full potential as learners.
Prep to Year 6 | Co-educational | 140+ students
Set within the foothills of Mount Bentley on Great Palm Island, St Michael's Catholic School enjoys magnificent ocean views and natural surrounds, including a creek, green hills and golden beach.
Discover St Michael’s Catholic School, Palm Island, where connection to community, nature, faith and culture shine.
Why choose a Catholic school?
Choosing a school is an important decision for your child and your family. With a strong focus on student wellbeing, inclusion and excellence in all pursuits, our school community is vibrant, proud and highly regarded within the wider community.
Catholic school students:
- experience belonging — We believe the best way for students to get the most out of their schooling is to feel connected to their peers, their teacher and their school community.
- experience opportunity — With access to excellent resources and expert teachers, we create real opportunities for students.
- experience the dedication — Our Catholic school teachers are dedicated to delivering the best faith-based educational experience to every student.
- experience our difference — Catholic schools focus on the whole child, encouraging growth in all aspects of a well-rounded education including social, spiritual, cultural, environmental, sporting, creative and academic.
- experience their best — Every student's 'best' is different, and we work collaboratively with parents to help students realise their potential.
Enriched by culture
St Michael's School exists to serve the community's Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, the majority being of Aboriginal descent.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people possess a deep sense of spirituality – through their history, moral codes and culture. Our school melds and extends these with Catholic values, beliefs and spirituality.
Indigenous spiritual values combine with the teachings of Jesus to create a Christian environment which permeates the life of the school.