Our guiding factor with all behaviour is learning engagement. With RESPECT being underpinned by Gospel Values we guide our students to use appropriate social behaviour in our 'Learning Engagement Policy'. This aligns to the Townsville Catholic Education Guidelines based upon The National Safe School's Framework, Kids Matters Indigenous Portal and the Kids Feel Safe Handbook.
Students Rights and Responsibilities
All students have the right to
- feel safe all of the time
- be treated with respect and love
- have a decent education
- learn in a caring and constructive environment
- to be listened to when asked to speak
All students have the responsibilities for
- Treating others with RESPECT and creating a safe environment by
a) controlling your own language (being positive)
b) controlling your own actions (being friendly)
c) Ensuring you are ready to learn constructively (hands, body, mind)
- Being caring towards others (Christian Values)
- Listening to others (Dignity - respect others)
Like a boomerang you have to throw it out to get it back!